Stephanie A. Sperber
888-284-0809 (Toll Free)
Stephanie Sperber is a Senior Attorney with extensive experience in complex business litigation, product liability litigation, and breach of fiduciary duty claims. Stephanie has handled cases in state and federal courts, and appellate courts across the country. Stephanie has been selected by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star for the years 2007, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. This honor is reserved for the top 2.5% of lawyers in Southern California under the age of 40, and is rated by peers.
- Successfully drafted and argued cross-motions for summary adjudication on behalf of insurance company in case involving irrigation damage to 42,000 acres of land over a 20-year period. See Westlands Water District v. Zurich Am. Ins. Co., 2006 WL 279310 (E.D. Cal. Feb. 6, 2006).
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of a putative nationwide class action against several importers of allegedly defective tires made in China.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice at the pleading stage of a putative California class action against an insurance company.
- Defended pharmaceutical companies in product liability litigation throughout the nation where cases were organized in a Multidistrict Litigation and a California Coordinated Proceeding.
- Prepared chief witness (who testified for three days) for an administrative hearing before Alaska's Department of Natural Resources.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Business and Commercial Disputes
- Fraud and Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Professional Liability / Malpractice
- Breach of Contract and Contract Interpretation
- Insurance and Bad Faith
- Employment Law
- Product Liability
- Mass Tort
- Class Actions
- Appellate Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: Member, Trial Team
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Team
- Honors: Admitted to Thurston Society
- Honors: Witkin Awards for Trial Advocacy II and Trial Objections
- Law Journal: Women's Law Journal, Member
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California
- B.A. - 2000
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Political Science and Philosophy
- Minor: History
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2007, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Past Employment Positions
- O'Melveny & Myers
- The Law Offices of Stephanie A. Sperber, 2010 - 2015
- O’Melveny & Myers, LLP, Counsel, 2003 - 2010