Senior Trial Attorney
Stephanie has been selected by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star for the years 2007, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. This honor is reserved for the top 2.5% of lawyers in Southern California under the age of 40, and is rated by peers.
- Successfully drafted and argued cross-motions for summary adjudication on behalf of an insurance company in a case involving irrigation damage to 42,000 acres of land over a 20-year period. See Westlands Water District v. Zurich Am. Ins. Co., 2006 WL 279310 (E.D. Cal. Feb. 6, 2006).
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of a putative nationwide class action against several importers of allegedly defective tires made in China.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice at the pleading stage of a putative California class action against an insurance company.
- Defended pharmaceutical companies in product liability litigation throughout the nation where cases were organized in a Multidistrict Litigation and a California Coordinated Proceeding.
- Prepared chief witness (who testified for three days) for an administrative hearing before Alaska’s Department of Natural Resources.
Westlands Water District v. Zurich Am. Ins. Co., 2006 WL 279310 (E.D. Cal. 2006)
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2007, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Offices of Stephanie A. Sperber, 2010 – 2015
- O’Melveny & Myers, LLP, Counsel, 2003 – 2010