Frank Dunn is a highly experienced transactional business attorney with extensive experience handling complex business, insurance, reinsurance and real estate matters.
Having been in house counsel with Fortune 100 financial services organizations, Mr. Dunn also has significant experience with corporate governance matters; commercial contract development, negotiation and management; mergers and acquisitions; holding company requirements; labor and employment counseling; risk management and compliance activities; regulatory relations; and operations management.
Mr. Dunn provides creative legal and business solutions to solve the needs of clients, from individuals to large multi-national organizations. He has a broad base of experience having worked with a wide variety of industries including financial services, insurance, health services, retail, manufacturing, construction, automotive and food service. Prior to joining Callahan & Blaine, Mr. Dunn held a variety of senior leadership positions including general counsel, president, and Member of the Board of Directors (Risk and Investment Committee) for the Insurance Services Divisions of Bank of America, Countrywide Financial Corporation and QBE America, Inc. Mr. Dunn also has significant experience providing counsel to food service organizations including consumer packaged goods.
Mr. Dunn has been an Orange County business attorney since passing the California Bar Exam in 1992, having received his Juris Doctor degree from Loyola Law School. Mr. Dunn also attended the University of Southern California where he graduated with honors receiving a Business Administration degree with an emphasis in Finance and Management.
- Drafting and Negotiating: Stock and asset purchase agreements and affiliated notes and security agreements; multi-party services agreements (joint ventures, joint marketing); marketing; sales; commercial and residential leases; distribution; construction; manufacturing; master services agreements; non-disclosure; licensing; vendor; employment; technology; administrative services; settlement; insurance and reinsurance; franchise disclosure document and affiliated materials.
- Corporate Transactions & Governance: Risk management and compliance; providing regulatory guidance and responding to regulatory actions; regulatory filings; due diligence, preparation of pitch books, Hart-Scott-Rodino filings, and private placement memoranda; mergers; landlord and tenant; preparation and counseling regarding organizational and maintenance documentation for corporations, LLCs, and not-for-profit organizations; corporate minutes and Board of Directors management and governance; and trademark filings and responses to office actions.
- Insurance Services: Holding company filings and intercompany agreements; insurance producer licensing and appointments; regulatory relations including insurance form and rate filings, market conduct and financial examinations, and other general regulatory inquires; transactions including stock purchases, book transfers, mergers, and redomestications; warranty/service contract program compliance for auto, home and other programs; reinsurance transactions including facultative, quota-share, excess-of-loss, stop-loss, coinsurance, and pooling agreements; commutations; catastrophic reinsurance including CAT bond programs.
- General Counsel with responsibilities for regulatory compliance, corporate governance, contract management, regulatory relations, litigation management, claims management, risk management and compliance, employment and privacy.
- As division president with full P&L responsibility, I led over 2,000 employees overseeing sales, underwriting, operations (data entry, claims services, call center, policy issuance, mail room, IT, tracking operations, procurement, and facilities), product development, product management, policy management, audit, office of the president, filings and actuarial.
- Member of Board of Directors, including risk and investment committee member and Corporate Secretary.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- California Bar Association
- California Bar Association, Insurance Law Subcommittee, Former Legislative Liaison
- Conference of Insurance Counsel, Los Angeles, CA, Former President and Board Member
Prior Employment Positions
- QBE America, Inc., President, Financial Services Division
- Bank of America, N.A., General Counsel and President, Mortgage Lenders Services Division
- Countrywide Financial Corporation, General Counsel and Director, Mortgage Lenders Services Division
- Lock Lord LLP, Partner, Corporate Division