Grigory (“Greg”) Rchtouni is an experienced trial attorney with a notable track record of delivering for his clients.
Mr. Rchtouni specializes in high-stakes litigation, with a focus on personal injury matters involving severe injury or wrongful death, mass torts, toxic torts, product liability, complex business litigation, professional liability, and administrative proceedings involving state licensure.
Mr. Rchtouni has successfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants in complex litigation throughout the State of California. He began his career with a prominent defense firm specializing in representation of physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare providers in complex professional negligence and medical fraud actions.
After joining Callahan & Blaine, Mr. Rchtouni began to advocate on behalf of the severely injured clients with the distinctive advantage due to his years in defense. Mr. Rchtouni litigates cases from inception through trial (some cases through appeal) and is directly responsible for all aspects of the prosecution, defense and resolution of his clients’ sophisticated matters in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Rchtouni obtained his Bachelor of Science degree from California State University, Los Angeles, where he majored in Psychology. He thereafter obtained his Master of Science degree in Clinical Psychology from Mount Saint Mary’s University Los Angeles where he was awarded the graduate humanities scholarship. After graduating, Mr. Rchtouni provided counseling services to clients with debilitating psychological conditions in poverty stricken neighborhoods as well as closely worked with former inmates offering rehabilitative counseling to individuals facing daunting obstacles as they sought to reintegrate into their communities and avoid recidivism.
Mr. Rchtouni obtained his law degree from the University of Notre Dame, where he participated in the Intensive Trial Advocacy Moot Court Program, earning a Dean’s Award, while concurrently serving as a coach to a local high school team in Indiana’s Mock Trial Competition.
As a professional, Mr. Rchtouni’s counsel has led to substantial results for clients in trial, mediation, arbitration, and administrative proceedings.
Some of Mr. Rchtouni’s recent cases include:
- $1,000,000 settlement in a wrongful death action against a prominent Medical Center.
- $450,000 settlement for victim of a motor vehicle accident.
- A favorable settlement for clients in a complex defamation case avoiding personal exposure for clients in an emotionally charged litigation between two prominent real estate brokerage houses in Southern California.
- A defense jury verdict in a multi-million action against a neurosurgeon accused of engaging in “off-label” use of medical device company Medtronic’s “Infuse” spinal implant on a patient without her consent, in the first such case to go to trial, earing top ten defense verdict honors from Courtroom View Network.
- Total dismissal of case against his client based on allegations of fraud and malfeasance in performing a neurological exam and authoring a report.
- A very favorable settlement for client physician accused of gross negligence, fraud, and battery, leading to severe and permanent neurological injuries to three surgical patients. The case was resolved within limits of the insurance policy thereby protecting the client’s personal assets.
Mr. Rchtouni is an active member of the California state bar and is licensed to appear and try cases before every state court in California, as well as the United States District Courts of California.