Jason Casero is an experienced business attorney who has served as lead counsel in a variety of high-stakes litigation matters. He has handled disputes involving legal questions as wide-ranging as intellectual property, real estate, contract, fraud, and free speech. He also regularly consults with business professionals to help mitigate and avoid legal exposure.
Jason began his career with positions in business and technology start-ups. After graduating from Boston College Law School, he practiced law in New York with a top 50 international law firm. There he developed his skills as a team leader in several internal corporate investigations, and even as a young associate was often trusted to handle critical oral arguments in state and federal court.
During his years of practice, Jason has honed his ability to represent the interests of corporations and individuals alike without losing his sense of professionalism and personal service. Regardless of the size of the client, or the amount of money at issue, Jason is only a call away.
Jason has a passion for oral advocacy, and is a winner of the Wendell F. Grimes Moot Court Competition. In addition to his practice, he has continued to pursue this passion through his volunteer efforts as a coach during Fordham Law School’s Mentor Moot Court Competition. He has also served as a moot court judge during the prestigious National Moot Court Competition co-sponsored by the New York City Bar Association.
As a proud member of a military family, Jason has traveled extensively and cares deeply about issues facing our veterans. He resides in Orange County with his beautiful wife (also an attorney) and three active children.
- Serves as trial counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants in various copyright and trademark disputes seeking millions of dollars in damages.
- Served as counsel for investors in arbitration involving disposition of real property portfolio valued at $500 million. Multimillion dollar arbitration award.
- Successful defense of prominent internet blogger sued for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional defense. All claims dismissed.
- Successfully prosecuted the rights of an employee unfairly terminated by an international design firm, securing past due wages, penalties, and attorneys’ fees.
- Successful defense of an artists’ rights organization and its board of directors sued for defamation and tortious interference. All claims dismissed.
- Counsel in internal investigation of major Los Angeles landlord being sued for violations of state and federal discrimination laws. Favorable settlement prior to trial.
- Counsel in internal investigation and subsequent dispute involving multimillion dollar theft at major New York hospital. Favorable settlement prior to trial.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Past Employment Positions
- Associate – McDermott, Will & Emery (New York)
- Product Manager – Doubleclick, Inc.
- Business Analyst – Lockheed Martin IMS