In the past two years alone, Jason Casero has secured $25 million in favorable jury verdicts and settlements on behalf of firm clients. He serves as lead counsel in a variety of high-stakes litigation matters, jury trials, and arbitrations. His practice involves sophisticated legal questions as wide-ranging as intellectual property, real estate, contract, fraud, and free speech.
Aggressive and sophisticated in litigation, Jason also regularly consults with business professionals to help mitigate and avoid legal exposure. He represents the interests of corporations and individuals alike without losing his sense of professionalism and personal service. Regardless of the size of the client, or the amount of money at issue, Jason is only a call away.
Jason began his career with positions in business and technology start-ups. After graduating from Boston College Law School, he began his practice in the New York office of McDermott, Will, & Emery LLP. There he developed his skills as a team leader in several internal corporate investigations, and even as a young associate was often trusted to handle critical oral arguments in state and federal court.
Jason has a passion for oral advocacy, and is a winner of the Wendell F. Grimes Moot Court Competition. In addition to his practice, he has continued to pursue this passion through his volunteer efforts as a coach during Fordham Law School’s Mentor Moot Court Competition. He has also served as a moot court judge during the prestigious National Moot Court Competition co-sponsored by the New York City Bar Association.
As a proud member of a military family, Jason cares deeply about issues facing our veterans and has volunteered his time to assist local Veterans’ charities. He resides in Orange County with his beautiful wife (also an attorney) and three active children.
- Lead trial counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants in various intellectual property disputes, resulting in tens of millions of dollars in favorable settlements.
- Lead trial counsel for plaintiff in 7-day jury trial , securing favorable verdict and punitive damages.
- Lead trial counsel in successful defense of prominent internet blogger sued for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional defense. All claims dismissed.
- Lead trial counsel in successful defense of an artists’ rights organization sued for defamation and tortious interference. All claims dismissed.
- Lead trial counsel in successful defense of multi-plaintiff habitability claim. Favorable settlement prior to trial.
- Lead counsel in internal investigation of major Los Angeles landlord being sued for violations of state and federal discrimination laws. Favorable settlement prior to trial.
- Lead counsel in claim by employee unfairly terminated by an international design firm, securing past due wages, penalties, and attorneys’ fees.
- Counsel for investors in 30-day arbitration involving disposition of real property portfolio valued at $500 million. Multimillion dollar arbitration award.
- Counsel in internal investigation and subsequent dispute involving multimillion dollar theft at major New York hospital. Favorable settlement prior to trial.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Past Employment Positions
- Associate – McDermott, Will & Emery (New York)
- Product Manager – Doubleclick, Inc.
- Business Analyst – Lockheed Martin IMS