Laura M. Morris is Senior Attorney at Callahan & Blaine. As a Santa Ana personal injury attorney, she specializes in representing plaintiffs in complex catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice matters. In addition, she is instrumental in Callahan & Blaine’s Mass Torts Department where, at the present time, she is representing clients in national multidistrict litigation involving Transvaginal Mesh and the drugs Xarelto and Invokana.
Ms. Morris is committed to aggressively advocating for her clients to ensure their interests are fully representing and the best possible result is achieved. In connection with her representation of consumers, her efforts have resulted in the recovery of tens of millions of dollars through settlement, arbitration, and trial against negligent individuals, public entities, corporations, and other businesses. Her clients have consistently received the necessary money to provide them with the medical care, treatment and services they require throughout their lifetime or to compensate them as a result of the death of a loved one.
Ms. Morris graduated cum laude from the University of San Diego where she majored in Philosophy. She obtained her J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law. While in law school, Ms. Morris studied international and comparative law in Florence, Italy and Oxford, England.
Ms. Morris is a member of the State Bar of California and the United States District Court for the Central, Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of California. She is also a member of the National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, the Orange County Bar Association, the Consumer Attorneys Association of California, the American Association of Justice and the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association.
- $10,000,000.00 settlement in a trucking accident case which resulted in the wrongful death of a 64-year-old man.
- $5,500,000.00 arbitration award in a birth injury case resulting in brain damage.
- $5,000,000.00 (policy limits) settlement in an auto vs. motorcycle accident resulting in significant orthopedic injuries.
- $3,700,000.00 settlement in a slip and fall case which resulted in a traumatic brain injury to a 76-year-old woman.
- $1,925,000.00 arbitration award in a dependent adult abuse case against a skilled nursing facility involving a wheelchair fall that led to the wrongful death of a 64-year-old.
- $1,650,000.00 settlement for the wrongful death of a 53-year-old physician shot and killed in his medical office. This matter was not covered by insurance and the settlement funds were obtained by forcing the defendant to liquidate assets.
- $1,250,000.00 premises liability settlement for a 17-year-old who sustained a head injury as a result of an accident at school and went on to receive an academic scholarship and play Division I soccer in college.
- $1,000,000.00 (policy limits) settlement in a dependent adult abuse case against an adult daycare program.
- Numerous other six and seven-figure recoveries for clients involving medical malpractice, personal injury and wrongful death matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Association of Justice
- Consumer Attorneys Association of California, Member
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- United States District Court Southern District of California, Member
- United States District Court Northern District of California, Member
- United States District Court Eastern District of California, Member
- United States District Court Central District of California, Member