Since 2003, Sharon Yuen has successfully litigated and resolved cases for her clients in insurance recovery and complex business litigation. As an Orange County business lawyer, she has represented corporate policyholders, including Fortune 500 companies and major entertainment industry clients, in their complex insurance coverage matters.
She has experience with matters involving first-party and third-party disputes in property damage, business interruption, copyright infringement, bodily injury, production delay, insurance broker-agent liability, and government interference claims under general liability, property, D&O, E&O, motion picture/television producers portfolio, and political risk insurance policies. She also has significant experience with class-action lawsuits in Orange County such as securities fraud, predatory lending, and mass tort.
- Managing senior associate for trial with a jury verdict of $48.5 million, featured in The Daily Journal’s Top Plaintiff Verdicts of 2008. Case involved breach of contract and professional negligence action against a large, international broker. Deposed witnesses whose videotapes were presented at trial, drafted motion for summary judgment, motions in limine, and trial briefs, retained and prepared experts, and drafted trial and post-trial briefing.
- Successfully represented franchisor in international franchise dispute alleging fraud and breach of contract.
- Successfully represented a worldwide music corporation to secure insurance coverage for a contract dispute alleging breach of contract, tortious interference with contract, fraudulent concealment, and copyright infringement.
- Successfully represented manufacturer of respiratory protection devices in obtaining insurance coverage for mass tort and products liability actions.
- Successfully represented a major motion picture studio in obtaining coverage from production delay due to an injury to the leading actor.
- Represented U.S. military shipbuilder in a $1 billion insurance recovery action for a first-party claim relating to losses from a natural disaster.
- Successfully represented major technology and media company in obtaining $30 million in defense costs under a D&O policy in a matter relating to an investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Past Employment Positions
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP, 2005 – 2011
- Pasich & Kornfeld LLP, 2003 – 2005
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, 2003