Gaurav Reddy is a senior litigator with extensive experience handling all aspects of complex commercial and high stakes litigation matters from inception to conclusion in federal and state court, as well as private arbitrations. He has represented a wide range of large and small businesses in complex disputes involving business tort, breach of contract, trade secret, employment, health care, and real estate litigation actions.
Mr. Reddy is a seasoned oral advocate with a track record of numerous successful oral argument appearances before federal and state courts, including arguments on key dispositive motions and appellate arguments in a range of litigation matters.
Mr. Reddy has represented a number of clients in high stakes arbitration matters before JAMS and other arbitral providers. And he has served as the lead counsel in mediations, settlement conferences, and private settlement discussions, achieving excellent results for clients in complex litigation matters.
Prior to joining Callahan & Blaine, Mr. Reddy was a Senior Attorney at Theodora Oringher PC and an Associate Attorney at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP. He is a graduate of the Columbia University School of Law and the University of California, Berkeley.
Complex Commercial Litigation:
- Defend leading provider of private security systems and services and private label apparel manufacturer in separate multi-million dollar breach of contract lawsuits brought by tax credit services provider.
- Defend foreign rocket and space manufacturer in $300+ million breach of contract suit against a major aerospace company in federal district court.
- Represent home infusion health care provider in service reimbursement disputes against major health insurers in multiple actions in federal and state court.
- Represent private equity fund in breach of contract dispute with major film production company over purchase of catalogue of film titles.
- Represent leading brand of cannabis products in multi-million dollar breach of contract arbitration action, as well as various trade secret and employment matters.
- Represent U.S. subsidiary of leading multinational electronics company in breach of contract action against Southern California luxury hotel in federal district court.
- Represent pioneering surgeon and innovator in breast reconstruction technology in multi-million dollar arbitration action against major pharmaceutical corporation.
Trade Secret and Employment:
- Represent executives of leading medical aesthetics company in various trade secret and employment disputes.
- Represent major public sector employee union in trade secret misappropriation action against former board member.
- Represent executives in medical technology manufacturer in federal district court employment action against subcontractors.
- Represent global provider of managed network communication solutions in contractual dispute with former independent contractor in federal court.
Real Estate Litigation:
- Represent manufacturer of pre-fabricated homes in contractual dispute with general contractor and property manager over residential real estate developments in California and Texas.
- Represent leading real estate firm in dispute over easement access rights at major property development in San Fernando Valley.
- Represent online luxury rental service in contractual dispute over Beverly Hills rental property.
- Defend major health care manufacturer in wage and hour class action proceeding regarding time-keeping practices.
- Represent bottled water distributor in defense of multiple consumer class actions involving unfair competition claims.
- Represent major tobacco corporation in multiple asbestos product liability actions concerning historical asbestos exposure from cigarettes.
- Represent pharmaceutical manufacturer in coordinated proceedings involving allegations of personal injuries caused by prescription drug use.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- International Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Southern California
Past Employment Positions
- Theodora Oringher PC – Senior Attorney
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP – Associate